Friday, April 11, 2014

Lord grant me patience and understanding!

This week has not been good. Shawn is in extreme pain and does not seem to be able to get it under control.  I am not sure if its because he is a man, or if its because its the first time he has ever had surgery like this and therefore has never experienced this sort of pain.  Its hard for me to empathize with him because I have had many surgeries over my years and normally within a few days post surgery, all is well and I can function and get rid of pain with pills.  That on top of my classes and the work involved there, I am currently trying to write three annotated bibliographies and a three page essay, all due in a couple of days.  Every time I sit down to devote time to my studies and homework, either Shawn needs something or Carissa is crying for something.  If all else fails, I will stay up all night after everyone is asleep and try to complete my work.

On an adoption note, we received our appointment letter in the mail from USCIS, which is not for another three weeks.  However, I spoke to the supervisor and he told me we could take the letter and try to get a walk in appointment.  He said it depends on how busy they are when you arrive, if they are not too busy they will take us in, if they are too busy they will turn us away.  Now I have to decide if its worth the risk to load up my husband who is in pain, drive 1.5 hours to Dallas and possibly get turned away.  I do have to leave on Sunday and drive down to Austin, spend another night and get my documents apostilled so they can be delivered in Eastern Europe.  This will only leave the USCIS approval letter as our last piece of information to be apostilled and delivered.  If we wait for our appointment, I won't get the approval until the first week of May, if we happen to get fingerprinted earlier, then I can get the letter ahead of time.  Decisions, decisions.  I guess its time for prayer!!!  God will lead us in the right direction on how to handle things.

No comments:

Post a Comment