Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year to all.....

Today is the first day of a new year, one that will be prosperous and full of love and joy!  Speaking of Joy, we have decided to name Maureen, "Arianna Joy" to match our already home "Arielle Grace" so we will have Arielle and Arianna!  Perfect twin girl names, since they are only 6 months apart in age.

To the persons who have donated to our FSP on Reece's Rainbow, thank you so much, we love and appreciate all your help.  No matter how little or how big the donation, it is another step to our goal.  I sat down and figured out we will need right about $10,000 when we travel in mid to late March. We still have plenty of time to meet this goal.  If everyone will share our blog or our profile on Reece's Rainbow with their friends, we could meet this goal pretty quickly.  Internet is the best and quickest way to spread the word.

On another note, I have drafted my letter that I plan to send out to a few select people from the top 15 super rich who donate to worthy causes.  First it is being reviewed and edited by a friend who writes for a living, thank you Stacey!!  My goal is to get them into the mail by Monday at the latest and then sit back and wait.

Our new year has started with a very cold icy day and we live in North Texas. We don't normally have ice and snow, but it has chosen to grace us with its presence, so we are staying in doors, well except my husband is working today.  The girls and I are playing games and dress up and having a blast.  I think I forgot to mention that we started a new Christmas tradition this year, so instead of buying a bunch of toys that never get played with, we decided to have one Santa gift and then four gifts that meet the "something I want, need, wear and read" categories.  It turned out fantastic and the girls we still happy, even without a bunch of toys.  I do have to share that our oldest girl, Natalie, who is 6 years old, woke up at 4:00 am, came to our room with a flashlight and said Santa came!  I quickly told her it was way too early to get up yet and to lay down with us in bed, so she did.  After she got all comfy, she said, I feel better now and I said why, what was wrong.  She said when I went to bed last night I was very worried that I might be on Santa's naughty list!  But she was relieved to see there was a toy for her from Santa.  Children are so precious and their stories are so pure and true, I love all my kids so much and enjoy each and every moment of every day.  I don't take any day for granted, cause I know life can be short and you can miss out on a lot and its the little things that count!!

Have great New Year and enjoy your little things in life, they will bring you much joy if you allow them too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment