Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Another busy and exciting week....

We got our tax returns notarized and our medical clearance forms, then I traveled yesterday down to Austin, stayed the night and was in the Secretary of States office at 8:00 this morning.  I was able to get all the documents apostilled that I carried with me, and I stopped in Belton on my way home and picked up a copy of another document needed by the Department of Homeland Security.  I arrived home around 2:30, stopped at the post office and sent 8 documents off to another couple that are traveling to Ukraine on Monday, they are going to hand carry and deliver for us.  Plus we completed our second set of fingerprints yesterday.  Now I have to focus on my school work, I have to finish reading a chapter for Sociology and take a test, then read several chapters for English and write a report, all before Sunday.  We are expecting our home study report to be completed and a draft sent to use by Monday or Tuesday next week, once finalized a copy goes off to the Department of Homeland Security and they will approve our application and our approved package will go to Ukraine.  It is looking like we may travel earlier than Sept/Oct, possibly July, which works out much better for school purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment