Saturday, July 5, 2014

We have met our angel!

We have been in country for one week and three days. We met our beautiful angel five days ago and accepted her referral. Shawn left this morning early to go home and will return for Court in a couple of weeks. The girls and I are here visiting the orphanage everyday and hanging out.  It is cheaper for us to stay here the whole time, than it is for the airfare for all of us and I won't leave the girls behind. Besides McDonalds happy meals are equivalent to .50 US money, the food here is cheap. I did under budget for in country transportation though, we are going to need an extra $1400 because the orphanage our baby is at cannot be accessed by the Metro, so I have to pay the driver $50 US per day for travel and I was not expecting that.

The first day we met, I was talking to the director and getting all my questions answered and they brought her in, immediately I started crying she is so much more beautiful in person.  What an angel she is. We also met a baby boy that we really wanted to accept referral for, but our finds are way short so we had to so no.  We are barely going to get out of here with one. I wish I could post my pictures here, but cannot until after our court date. I will update as we move through the process.

Thanks and God bless to all who donated!

No comments:

Post a Comment