Thursday, May 29, 2014

Working on funds!

I sold my treadmill and the king size bed we had in our guest room, and I have a few more items out for sale.  Putting all the money I collect in an envelope in our safe and slowly watching it grow.  Been a bit bummed that nobody in our community or even our Church, seems very interested in our adoption or even trying to help raise funds for it, guess I really don't fit in, in our small community.  I was not born here, did not go to school here and am considered a move in, it is hard to fit in to any group here, they are not very welcoming, which is not very Christian like in my opinion.  But God knows who cares and He sees who has a good heart and who is just trying to show themselves off and pretend to be something they are not.  God loves this baby girl and so do we and we are following His commands and taking care of the orphans.  So you can imagine my surprise when a complete stranger, a person from our adoption FB page, messaged me and offered to donate all of her commission to our family fund with Reece's Rainbow if we hosted an online party with the home cleaning products she sells.  I was so excited that someone, was interested in helping us, it takes a very special person and we thank her very much!!!  I hope its not a flop, maybe people will buy if they get something out of the deal.  In the meantime, still waiting for our travel date, which I hope to get next week, but am not holding my breath.  Our appointment should be mid June, but they don't give you much notice, so we probably won't hear until the second week of June and then we will only have one week to prepare.  So I am trying to be as prepared as I can, knowing it is up and coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment